So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Saturday 20 May 2006

Quilt Show

DH and I went to a little, local quilt show today, held in the Village Hall in Westleton, Suffolk. Entry £2.00 in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance.


Well, I say DH went but really he just drove me there and only came in to get a cup of coffee and a piece of cake (he loved the date & walnut cake by the way, ladies).



He did have a little look around and saw a few quilts he liked. He seems to have a preference for "pictorial" designs using appliqué and decorative stitching.




I quite like this one - I love the bead "water droplets".




But my favourites are always the "block" quilts - and stars are a particular favourite.

Even a simple "Nine Patch" can be very effective. This one was made by an 11-year-old girl (with a little help from Mum) as a cuddle quilt for a friend undergoing treatment for cancer.

All in all, a very nice show.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands