So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Saturday 30 December 2006

Blizzard!

I've been crocheting snowflakes like mad this year. Never made any before and then mid-November I suddenly decide everyone I know has to have one for Christmas! They are sooo addictive. I love crocheting doilies and these snowflakes are like little hits of instant mini-doily gratification.

Actually, I didn't succeed in flaking the world - DH's family will be getting 6-packs of snowflakes next Christmas (shhh, don't tell them). With that in mind, I've decided to join
Snowflake Mondays and make at least one snowflake every Monday. By next Christmas I should have a minimum of 51 snowflakes (allowing time for wrapping). Then maybe I can have a few as well. Yes, that's right, all that crocheting and I haven't a snowflake to my name. Oh, not true - I do have the one my friend KC made for me, thank you!

Here's a few I prepared earlier - click on image for online pattern where available (be warned, I tweak):
Pat Depke Books Crochet Snowflakes & Angel PD-5561Leisure Arts Thread Tree Trims LA2836 Leisure Arts Thread Tree Trims LA2836

Have a happy and flakey 2007!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 06 January, 2007 22:38, Blogger Tina said…

    Hi! Thanks so much for the welcome to the snowflake Mondays! Your post is my first "non family" related post lol I'm so excited. It's my first blog ever and I love it. I'm trying to learn more each day.
    I love your snowflakes they are beautiful. I hope when it's time to block them, mine look like yours. The thread angels are beautiful and the turkey butts are the cutest looking butts I ever seen!
    Take care and happy crocheting!

    Tina :)

     
  • At 07 January, 2007 05:19, Blogger Maureen said…

    Wow! Those are really beautiful!!!

     
  • At 07 January, 2007 19:46, Blogger jmk said…

    Tina and Maureen -
    Thank you. :-)

    They are pretty but the credit should go to the designers - they're the ones with the real talent.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands