So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Monday 26 February 2007

Frozen Fish

The other week I was over at Asparagus & Mayonnaise admiring Sus' snowflakes. I was certain I had the pattern for the first one but when I went looking I couldn't find it. So, here's my copy:

I think I'll make the Rnd 2 chains a bit shorter next time.

Sus - if this was your own creation please let me know says no, it's #21 from 99 Snowflakes.






This little guy is from Pat Depke's Crochet Snowflakes and Angel (yes, singular; there's only one angel pattern):

It's kinda cute but I have to say I prefer "spiky" SF's.










But now, I have to show you this!:

Is this not the funniest thing you have ever seen? Ok, maybe it's not but it just makes me laugh every time I see it.







The pattern is at Crochetville*. I have serious doubts about the increase sequence from Rnd 16 onward. I worked it as written but ended up ripping it out. In the end I just made regular increases every 7 stitches, then 8 stitches, etc up to 12 stitches in Rnd 26. And I have a little trick for working the tail and fins straight onto the body - I hate sewing - email me if you're interested.


As for today's SF, I haven't even thought yet about which pattern I'm going to try so I'd better get going! See you later.

*Update 12/9/08: The pattern is no longer available at Crochetville, but it is here (scroll down).

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 26 February, 2007 12:45, Blogger Sus said…

    Good copy! In fact, I like your version better, I think. Nope, not my pattern -- it's #21 in 99 Snowflakes. I know what you mean about spiky snowflakes. Otherwise they tend to look like little doilies. Still really pretty, though.

     
  • At 26 February, 2007 12:47, Blogger Sus said…

    Oh, I almost forgot!! The fish bag is CUTE. I'm going to have to go get that pattern. If I ever get around to making it, I may email you for your tips! Cute, cute, cute!!!

     
  • At 26 February, 2007 14:24, Blogger jmk said…

    Sus -
    Thank you, I had a really good picture to work from. ;-)

    I dropped everything yesterday to make that bag. Took about 4 hours I'd say, but the next one will be quicker. I say "next one" 'coz I made this one to give away and now I want one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands