So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Monday 7 December 2009

Little Granny Christmas Stocking

I made this one with WW and an H hook and it's 5" from toe to top.

ch 5, join w slst to form ring.

Rnd 1 - ch 3, 2 dc in ring, ch 2, (3 dc in ring, ch 2) x 4, join w slst to top of beg ch-3.

Rnd 2 - slst to ch-2 sp, slst in ch-2 sp, ch 3, (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same sp, ch 1, [(3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in nxt ch-2 sp, ch 1] x 4, join w slst to top of beg ch-3.

Rnd 3 - slst to ch-2 sp, slst in ch-2 sp, ch 3, 4 dc in same sp, ch 1, 3 dc in ch-1 sp, ch 1, [(3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in ch-2 sp, ch 1, 3 dc in ch-1 sp, ch 1] x 4, join w slst to top of beg ch-3. Do not FO.

Rnd 4 - slst to 3rd st of "ch 3, 4 dc" shell of prev rnd (= toe), fold work in half, ch 1 , turn, sc in same st, sc halves together thru matching dc or ch-1 sp, 2 sc in "heel" corner, cont up side, 1 sc thru both top ch-2 sp, 1 sc in front ch-2 sp only, sc in ea st/sp around top of stocking to ch-2 sp, for hanging loop: ch 10, slst in base of ch-10. FO.

Copyright © 2009, Judy M Kerr. All Rights Reserved.

Problem (yours or mine)? - email me.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10 December, 2009 07:46, Blogger Tina T-P said…

    Hi - I was clicking the "Next Blog" button and found you. Nice blog - I always love to see someone else who crochets! I'm going to bookmark your blog so I can keep up on your progress with that granny square afghan - some of those squares are gorgeous!

    I spin my own yarn - some from our 10 Shetland Sheep and some from fiber that I've purchased. We also have one elderly cat (she is almost 20) and 3 elderly chickens (- maybe 9 or 10 years old?)

    We've been hit with a spot of cold weather (in the "teens" for the last few days) this week, but no snow like the East Coast!

    Hope you will stop by and check out our little corner of the world (we're about 60 miles south of Vancouver BC if that gives you any perspective of place)

    Take care and Happy Holidays! Tina

     
  • At 10 December, 2009 21:29, Blogger jmk said…

    Hi Tina,

    Glad you found me! Don't expect too see too much progress on that afghan for a while. I've got another double bed sized one to finish before it gets too cold here. I'm about a third of the way through it now. And I'm sure I don't need to tell you that that is not the only thing I'm working on, LOL!

    I've had a peek at your blog. I love your tale of trying to give Sinda a worming pill! We recently had a poorly puss and I had to give her pills twice a day. At first she didn't have the strength to fight it but when she started to recover, like you, I had to wrap her (tightly!) in a towel. Fortunately she doesn't bite so I was able - eventually - to prise her mouth open and literally shove the pills down her throat.

    I know your little corner of the world very well. I used to live in Seattle ('75-'86). My family now lives in Vancouver, WA. And Dad wants to move to Bellingham. Small world, eh?

    It's supposed to get cold here over the weekend with snow in places but we rarely get snow right here as we're on a peninsula. The surrounding water keeps it just that little bit milder.

    Happy Holidays to you, The Shepherd and all the animals. Oh, and good luck with your job. ;-) I'll keep an eye on you, too.

    Judy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands